The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University was established on November 11, 1885, by the Grant Founding and Endowing the Leland Stanford Junior University (the "Founding Grant"). The powers and duties of the Board derive from the Founding Grant, amendments, legislation, and court decrees. In addition, the Board operates under its own bylaws and a series of resolutions on major policy.
Note: Board of Trustees records are restricted 20 years from date of creation.
This site features scanned and born-digital records of the Board of Trustees held by the University Archives. Since this is an ongoing digitization project, not all materials are available online. What is available here are minutes (1936-1998) and agendas (1906-1908, 1955-1998). For a full listing of materials held in the Archives please visit: http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/c8dn43h8.