In questa tomba oscura
- Beethoven, Ludwig van, 1770-1827
- Carpani, Giuseppe, 1752-1825
- Songs (High voice) with piano
- Musical sketches
- Notated music
- Title from first line of text.
- "Parole da Giuseppe Carpani"--Caption, in pencil.
- Corrections in red and gray pencil.
- "This is Beethoven's autograph, but represents the first writing-out of the arietta, with many alterations. Subsequently Beethoven must have written out another version for publication (since the published version differs considerably from the Stanford autograph)..."--letter from Alan Tyson, April 12, 1968 inserted in the Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, 1950.
- Bound with: In questa tomba oscura : arietta con accompagnamento di piano forte composta in diverse maniere da molti autori. Vienna : T. Mollo, .
- Staff notation.
- Referenced by
- Kinsky, page 596
- Van Patten, N. Catalogue of the Memorial Library of Music, page 14
- electronic resource
- Use and reproduction:
- Property rights reside with the repository. Literary rights reside with the creators of the documents or their heirs. To obtain permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the Public Services Librarian of the Dept. of Special Collections. Please note that we hold no copyright to the contents in this collection. We cannot grant permissions requests for archival or manuscript collections for which we do not hold copyright.