The Item Slideshow widget displays exhibit items in a static slideshow. Note that unlike the Item Carousel, in which the image changes automatically, the Item Slideshow expects an exhibit visitor to navigate between items manually, by clicking on on the field you select as the primary caption. Note: Items with a no-download access restriction will not display because a large enough image for viewing can't be properly rendered.
Accessing the Item Slideshow widget
To use the Item Slideshow widget on a Home page, Feature page, or About page, navigate to your dashboard and select the page you wish to edit from the Curation sub-menu. You can also get to the same editing interface by clicking the red edit button at the top right corner of a Home page, Feature page, or About page. For more information, see Selecting and Formatting Widgets.
Once you are editing the page, click on a grey "+" to reveal a new undefined widget. Next, click on the red "+" to the left of the widget to open up the widget menu, then choose the Item Slideshow widget from the list of Exhibit Item Widgets. You should see the options in the image below.
After you have selected the Item Slideshow widget, you may find and add items by entering an image title or a druid.
Important: The Item Slideshow widget requires images larger than the thumbnail size. If you have an item that is marked as no-download, only the thumbnail image will be available. This means that this item will not display properly in the slideshow viewer and can not be used there.
For multi-page items, you may change the page displayed in the slideshow by clicking on Change and selecting a specific page.
Be sure to click on the Save changes button to save your work.
Example of Item Slideshow
- Map of Leland Stanford Junior University, 1972
- Map of Leland Stanford Junior University depicting buildings and spaces for historical prese...
- Proposed Primary Road System and 1964 Proposed Intent of Land Uses, Master Plan for Stanford...
- Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 640: Antiphoner Leaf
- Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 487: Brock Rand, Material Relating to the Diocese of Ely
- Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 237: Girolamo Savonarola OP, Commentary on Psalms 50 (...