CS408 Expert System Applications # 07 Paul Harmon.
- Harmon, Paul, 1942-
- Associated with:
- Stanford University. Computer Science Department
- Date created:
- Type of resource:
- Moving image
- 1 VHS tape
- Broadcast standard:
- Digital origin:
- reformatted digital
- Expert Systems are the most important of the applications of Artificial Intelligence in the commercial and defense sectors. Topics: the rapid transition of the Expert System technology from laboratories to societal use; what is in an Expert System; what is Knowledge Engineering. Case studies of commercial application in: diagnosis and repair; interpretation of data; manufacturing planning and control; financial services; engineering design, etc. The sources of benefit from Expert Systems are the magnitude of these benefits; and what an organization needs to do to realize the benefits. This is a "what" rather than a "how to build systems" orientation, oriented toward an interdisciplinary audience.
- Edward A. Feigenbaum papers, 1950-2007 (inclusive)
- Computer science
Expert systems (Computer science)
- Source ID:
- Stanford University. Libraries. Department of Special Collections and University Archives
- Collection call number:
- SC0340, Accession 2005-071, Box 77, http://purl.stanford.edu/kc024mj3926
- Use and reproduction:
- The materials are open for research use and may be used freely for non-commercial purposes with an attribution. For commercial permission requests, please contact the Stanford University Archives (firstname.lastname@example.org).